Plein Air Easton is the largest and most prestigious juried plein air painting competition in the United States. In its 13th year, it is held in Easton, Maryland each July. Plein air painters produce art from life (as opposed to in the studio). Artists from all over the United States and beyond will apply to this competition. There will be 58 competing artists painting throughout Talbot County, Maryland the week of July 17-23, 2016. Many of the world's most accomplished artists have Easton at the top of their wish list of competitions and we will continue to set the bar for excellence in the coming year.
- Art sales for last year's event topped $384,000 with 334 paintings sold in 2.5 days.
- Approximately 6,000-8,000 people participate in the festival throughout the week
- In 2016 the Collectors' Preview Party sold a painting every 45 seconds during a 90 minute period.
- Plein Air Easton’s Quick Draw is open to any artist with $10 and ambition. Nearly 200 artists paint for 2 hours in downtown Easton and the event culminates in an outdoor exhibition and sale.
- Galleries and arts organizations program scores of demos, workshops, exhibits and lectures as part of the event.
- The weekend of July 22nd and 23rd will feature an Artisan's Market that will showcase Delmarva artists displaying many different types of arts from jewelry to pottery to metalworks and much more.
Plein Air Easton is at the center of the modern plein air movement. Easton is making history and the work produced here has importance beyond the daily joy of seeing original artwork in your home. We invite you to experience the vibrancy and artistic excellence of Plein Air Easton and to be a part of the history being made here. Please contact the Plein Air Easton Information Hotline for more details at 410-822-7297 or email@example.com